Kenneth R. Niebling
Objective: A science or medical health writing or editing position requiring strong IT skills.
● Accomplished science & medical writer with a strong history of peer-reviewed bioscience publications.
● Technical expertise in building and maintaining computer PC hardware, software and OS systems.
● Word processing and STM e-publishing skills. 7Typing >50wpm. ' Polished phone demeanor.
● Excellent problem solving and design skills applicable to production workflows.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office and other office, IT and desktop publishing applications.
● Strong history of compelling digital content creation, editing and CMS database management.
Skills: ● Problem Solving ● Scientific, Technical, and Medical Terminology ● Lab Research Experience
● Phone & Customer Service | Sales ● Proposal and Grant Writing ● New Media Content Creation
● Business Document Preparation ● Technical Writing & Editing ● Technical Sales Support
● Conduct Interviews ● 7Typing 55 wpm ● '@Refined verbal & written communication at many levels.
► Hands-on experience designing & building and PC and networked computer systems.
► Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), PDF, Framemaker, Photoshop, Robohelp, Windows
2000/XP/2003 server/Win7 admin, SGML, XML, dHTML, web design, version control, digital content creation.
►1020 hours Microsoft Systems Administration, CompTIA Network+, and A+ training. «Top in class of 20.
Principal Medical & Science Writer Scinformatica LLC (3/09 – present)
Authored STM articles, reports and snippets for various clients and target audiences.
Edited graduate theses and science and medical journal articles for foreign students and scientists.
✰ Awarded 3 government contracts to analyze/report on biotechnology, pharma, and molecular genetics.
Health Advisor Life Extension, Inc. - Scientific Information LLC (1/08 – 3/09)
Excelled in providing 40 clients per day with healthcare information and medical suggestions.
Interviewed and counseled clients, documented health and medical status, and devised customized
proactive plans to achieve optimal health. Consistently in top 3 (out of 20) for sales and performance.
✰ Selected to represent company at the 2008 American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine conference.
Technical Support Engineer The Answer Group (4/06 – 12/07)
Analyzed and documented PC OS, software and hardware, troubleshooting and customer follow-up.
Customer Service Call Center experience with IT hardware and software support.
✰ Consistently achieved performance bonuses based on sales and prompt, effective issue resolution
Medical Content & Training Specialist Datamed Worldwide (2/03 – 1/05)
Designed new features to electronic medical records HIPAA-compliant EHR (EMR) application.
Developed computer learning training modules, SOPs, web site, and product documentation.
Utilized ICD-9 and CPT medical coding to streamline EMR system functionality.
✰ Trained ~96 medical offices during tenure with company resulting in over $4 million in new business.
Senior Software Engineer (@NIH)Management Systems Designers (8/01 – 1/02)
Converted science and medical textbook content for presentation on NIH PubMed Bookshelf web site.
Devised and designed programmatic scripting solutions for systematic error correction.
Converted structured SGML/HTML scientific/medical articles to dynamic documents using XML/ XSL.
✰Completed conversion of Cancer Medicine textbook as prototype for future titles during 6 mo. contract.
Internet Developer Applied Card Systems (4/00 – 5/01)
Programming of Internet and Intranet software applications enabling credit card company customers
and customer associates to administrate credit accounts.
Designed user interface to accommodate user experience, supervised 3 employees (reviewed code).
Resolved FDIC regulatory compliance issues, wrote SOPs, and attended team development meetings.